Summer is eventually here and every swimmer is dreaming about a sunny day at some beach. While we all are eagerly waiting for summer to begin, why don’t pick up crochet hooks and do some crochet to create some amazing styles of bikini top for our summer beach occasions.
Moreover, are you considering for an easy to style crochet bikini top for this summer?
If so, then you are going to love this article in which we will show you some of patterns. Here in this article you can find a good pact of crochet bikini top designs posted on Internet, probabilities are you will be capable to discover a lot of patterns to fit your style and your body type.
I have tried to make it easy for you to discover the top crochet bikini top designs for you to make in a wide range of patterns, sizes and for every skill level from beginner to expert.
In these designs you will certainly be able to find a perfect crocheted bikini top for you. (maybe you want swimwear manufacturer China)
Materials for Crocheted Bikini Tops
You will be in need of a few materials to create a crochet bikini. The usual best supplies are
- A crochet hook
And a couple of extra supplies which I will explain further below.
Firstly, your must have is a yarn to style your bikini top. But not just any of the yarn, but the best yarn for your good use is a lightweight cotton yarn, because it is breathable and easy to wash. I endorse Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton or Lily’s Sugar n Cream cotton yarns as they are low-cost and easy to catch.
This size of crochet hook to practice bikini design will be depending on your selected yarn. So go through the yarn label to acquire what size crochet hook will work great with the yarn you choose to use.
Other Crochet Tools
To style a bikini or any other crochet pattern, you must have a few additional crochet supplies to complete your designs. The finest tools are listed below;
- Measuring Tape
- Yarn Needle (aka Tapestry Needle)
- Stitch Marker
Let’s Get Started
Here in this article you may find simple and easy patterns for your crochet bikini patters to follow. The best thing is that many easy and free crochet bikini top patterns are on our list which are actually very easy to crochet and completely feasible to attain even for a learner crocheted.
The great thing about these crochet bikini top designs is that these all are quick to crop up. To create a bikini top you just don’t need a lot of things and fabric to start, you even might be amazed to see how swiftly you can finish a design.
It means that you will be able to design a lot of patters within no time. Distant from swimming, crochet bikini tops are also impeccable as a festival wearing. You can even attire them with lengthy skirts or below a light cardigan for charming and convenient clothing.
So let’s get started to explore the designs.
Crochet a Bikini Top Step by Step
Here are some steps to follow to create a great bikini top for you, of course if you know how now of the crochet or even a beginner;
- Choose a medium-weight cotton yarn and size J-10 (6.0 mm) hook; Choose your favorite color or go for a more colorful bikini top by using a variegated yarn. Because variegated yarn comprises multiple colors, it appears as if you changed yarn while making the bikini.
- Make a slipknot and tighten it on your hook; Wrap the yarn twice around your index and middle fingers, and then pull the first loop through the second. Wrap the loop around one finger and slip it onto your crochet hook. Tighten the slipknot around the hook by tugging on the tail.
- Crochet a chain long enough to cover your bust; when the chain is long enough to go from one armpit to the other while snug against your chest, it is finished. Because the bikini top is fastened with elastic ties, you don’t need to have a particular bust measurement before you begin. Knowing your cup size or the cup size of the person who will wear the bikini, on the other hand, may be useful for sizing later on.
- Chain 3 extra stitches to begin the first row; Count these three stitches as the initial double crochet stitch in your first row.
- Double crochet into the fourth chain and continue to the end; Double crochet into the next chain in the row after you finish the first stitch. Double crochet into each stitch until you reach the end of your first row.
- Repeat the row 3 to 5 times to complete the band; you can work 2 to 3 rows in the shell stitch instead if you choose. This is a more complex stitch, but it will result in a decorative design on the bottom band of the bikini.
- Cut and tie off the last stitch when the band is the desired width; Set aside the extra yarn for the time being. You can cut it off later, along with any other stray yarn ends.
10 Crochet Bikini Top Patterns
Have you ever crocheted a bikini top earlier?
If not, then you might be interesting to know how to crochet a bikini top. If you know the basic stitches method of a single crochet, half double crochet, and double crochet, then you are already a pro of these cute tops. Here are some directions to modify your bikini cup by assessing the filled part of your bust to use that size to help create the best fit for you.
1. SOPHIA CROP TOP
Crochet bikini top patterns and crochet crop top patterns share many similarities.
An additional band down the bottom of this gorgeous bikini top adds intrigue while also giving extra support. The pattern employs single crochet and picot stitches.
My favorite feature is the ornate edging along the bottom edge.
Designer: Crochet with Carrie
Yarn: (Worsted Weight #4)
2. BIKINI BOW TOP
Why not try the Bikini Bow Top if you want something a little simpler? Single and double crochet stitches are used to make two triangles for the cups. A little lace on the edging adds a touch of detail without becoming too flowery. The bottoms of the cups are gathered into a drawstring waist tie.
Designer: The Purple Poncho
Yarn: Omega Sinfonia (Sport Weight #2)
3. CLASSICAL TRIANGLE TOP CROCHET
The free classic bikini top template is a straightforward design that comprises two fabric triangles joined by threads around the neck and back. It may be worn with either denim shorts or a skirt.
- Skill Level: Easy
- Yarn: Lily Sugar ‘n Cream Cotton Yarn
4. SIERRA CROP TOP
The Sierra Crop Top is made entirely of double crochet stitches. This opens up the stitchwork and also makes the bikini top a little more exposing. If you’re looking for something sensual, these crochet bikini top patterns are perfect! The nicest part, of course, is the ornamental border around the bottom band.
Designer: Crochet with Carrie
Yarn: (Worsted Weight #4)
5. BEADED BIKINI TOP
Let’s go bohemian with a beaded bikini top. This design benefits greatly from the addition of simple wooden beads. It’s a really lovely addition to the design that’s likely to turn heads. For this one, you’ll be using single and double crochet stitches. Granny stitch is used for the lace sections of the stitchwork.
Designer: Crochet in Color blog
Yarn: Tahki Yarns Cotton Classic (DK Weight #3)
6. BEGINNER BANDO
If you think crochet bikini top patterns aren’t for beginners, reconsider!
If a rookie crocheter has mastered the single crochet stitch, this simple bando is completely possible. Picot stitches are also used in the pattern to produce delicate embellishments around the outsides. If you don’t know how you can skip this step or challenge yourself to learn a new stitch.
Designer: Taylor Lynn Crochet
Yarn: Lily Sugar’n Cream Solids & Denim (Worsted Weight #4)
7. WATERFRONT BIKINI
The Waterfront Bikini is distinguished by the distinctive shape of the cups. If you look attentively, you will notice a line running right down the center of the cup. Don’t you think that looks like a dart from a sewing project? The appealing pattern uses only single and double crochet stitches and includes a matching bottom for a sassy summer bikini.
Designer: DROPS Design
Yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Safran (Sport Weight #3)
8. LOLITA BIKINI TOP
This adorable crochet bikini top’s eye-catching wrap around shape helps to elevate and support the girls at the same time. You might be amazed by how simple this design is. You only need to know how to double crochet.
Designer: Paso a Paso Crafts on YouTube
Yarn: (Sport Weight #3)
9. SANTORINI STRIPED BIKINI
A timeless option for summer and the beach are blue and white stripes. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover partial skeins of yarn from other projects. You’re already halfway done with this shirt if you know how to single crochet and change colours in crochet.
Designer: Stella’s Yarn Universe
Yarn: Stylecraft Classique Cotton DK (DK Weight #3)
10. CORAL SUMMER HALTER TOP
This bikini top is just stunning, and oral is such a cute colour for summer. The beautiful stitching around the bottom band’s seashell-like appearance is something I just like. What outfit for a day at the beach could be more appropriate?
Although it appears complicated, the technique only requires single and double crochet stitches.
Designer: Viktoriya Isakina
Yarn: Gazzal Baby Cotton (Sport Weight #3)